By Ryan Yousefi
The City of Lauderhill is set to host a crucial event for places of worship, focusing on safety, security, and faith.
The Safety, Security, and Finance Forum for Places of Worship will take place on Saturday, October 5, 2023, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Lauderhill City Hall, located at 5581 West Oakland Park Boulevard.
The event has been facilitated by Lauderhill Commissioner Denise D. Grant and Police Chief Constance Stanley to address and prioritize the safety and security of places of worship within the community.
In recognition of October as Church Safety and Security Month, this forum aims to provide invaluable insights and resources to religious leaders, congregation members, and all stakeholders invested in maintaining the safety of places of worship.
The event will discuss critical topics, including safety protocols and preventative measures to maintain secure worship settings. Attendees can also expect insights on financial considerations related to safeguarding places of worship.
For those seeking more information about the “Safety, Security, and Faith – Forum for Place of Worship,” contact the city at (954) 777-2044 or email Stephanie Crooks at scrooks@Lauderhill-FL-Gov.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Paws with Claus Holiday Paw-ty Takes Place at Gary B Jones Park on December 9
- NewsDecember 5, 20234th Annual Hope for the Holidays Toy Distribution Takes Place on December 16
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Toy Drive Spreads Holiday Cheer
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Senior Citizen Wreaks Havoc During DMV Eye Exam, Faces Charges for Equipment Demolition