By Claire Cornish
Who knows what kind of home life this handsome 4-year-old endured before he turned up at the shelter as a stray.
Oberon is house-trained and knows quite a few commands, so he was likely someone’s pet at one time or another, but he is also shy and flinches a little when he sees a hand come towards him, so it’s also likely that his previous experiences with people have not been entirely wonderful or punctuated with love.
Despite this, though, Oberon wants very much to trust and build a bond. He loves treats, ear scratches, and affection in general, and he is always excited to see the leash because he loves to take walks.
Oberon likes other dogs and is popular in playgroups. He is hoping that his forever family is coming soon – if that is you, please email ACADadoptions@broward.org to make an appointment to meet him.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2021.07.05Charming Puppy Needs Forever Home
- News2021.06.18Rocky is Sweet, Polite, and Mannerly as they Come and is Seeking a Forever Home
- News2021.05.26Adoption Alert: Cupid Is Determined To Shower His New Family With Kisses
- News2021.05.03Adoption Alert: Patriot Was Abandoned At a Shelter, But is Ready for a Loving Home