By Sharon Aron Baron
A new board promoting appreciation, acceptance, and respect for cultural differences passed in January, and now the city hopes to fill the seats with interested residents.
Called the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Board, it was established to strengthen community connections among diverse groups, foster cultural activity, and create inclusive projects and programs to enhance life in Tamarac. Commissioners Marlon Bolton and Mike Gelin were the driving forces behind its creation.
Consisting of five members appointed by the city commissioner, residents, business owners, and city employees are welcome to apply.
For more information, contact the City Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-597-3505.
The deadline to submit is Friday, March 26, 2021, at 5 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.06.12University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.12Renaissance Charter School in Tamarac Completes Recycle Challenge
- News2021.06.10Tamarac Needs You To Run For Office in 2022
- News2021.06.07Broward Sheriff’s Office Seeks Help in Locating Missing 16-Year-Old