By: Matt Rothman
Boyd Anderson High School boy’s basketball team had an incredible season where they reached Regionals, winning their opening game to Miami Norland Senior High School.
On Tuesday night, in the Regional Semifinals, they nearly pulled off an incredible upset but fell 65-62 Okeechobee High School.
The team, led by Kemari Brown, who averaged 16.4 points per game, also led the team with 86 assists this year and had a season-high 26 points against Miramar High School in their two-point win.
Booth Martin Mercedes and Rivaldo Fairweather averaged in doubles figures this season as 14.3 and 13.8 points respectively with Fairweather just under eight rebounds per game. Caleb Jordan averaged 7.6 points in 27 games.
The Cobras finished their season at 17-12 but started the season off 0-3. However, they then went on to win seven-straight, including a triple-overtime win against Saint Andrew’s School of Boca Raton in the Kreul Classic Championship in Coral Springs.
Boyd Anderson had another win in overtime against James S. Rickards High School from Tallahassee, Florida. However, they lost in the District Championship to Northeast High School.
With students from both Tamarac and Lauderdale Lakes, this is the Cobras third straight season with a winning record with 51 games in the past three seasons. While they have five seniors on their roster, they have two sophomores and five juniors who should make an impact next year, along with some of the new players that are brought in.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023J.P. Taravella Basketball Teams Highlight Week of Success With 1st Win
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent