By Agrippina Fadel
Get your pet micro-chipped and vaccinated for rabies for free at the Chip-A-Pet event, hosted by Broward County Animal Care and the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Held on Saturday, February 17, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Woodville Dog Park, this free event includes pet adoptions, giveaways, free food, and vendors. The services are available to the public at no charge, and additional documentation and registration are not required to participate.
“It is always important for us, as a resource agency, to be able to provide these services to the community, especially at no cost,” said Emily Wood, Director of Broward County Animal Care.
She added that it is essential to ensure that pets are protected from rabies, which keeps them healthy.
“Putting a value on micro-chipping your pet is almost impossible because it can mean the difference between losing your pet and having a friend for life,” said Wood.
Woodville Dog Park is located at 1500 SW 83 Ave. in North Lauderdale. Guests are encouraged to park at Pinewood Elementary School, at 1600 SW 83 Ave.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Catch Comedian Bobby Collins with Special Guest Shelley Keelor at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Broward County Animal Care Holds ‘Stinky Ex’ Fundraiser for Valentine’s Day
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Ticket Alert: Rock On to Meat Loaf Tribute at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Peter Lemongello Jr. Performs at Kings Point Palace Sunday Matinee