By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Public Schools has just launched their new website, and while I never thought anything was wrong with their old website, the new website is a worthy effort and seems easy enough to navigate through. One problem they really need to change is getting rid of the stock photos filled with children that don’t even go to Broward Schools, much less live in Florida.
Photos of happy families, teachers and students fill the pages, yet when I did further research on these photos, I found that these were stock photos that were used in other advertising promotions and were still for sale. What I don’t understand is why Broward County Schools have parents sign media releases to use photos of our children, yet when given the chance to use them, they chose to purchase these.
As a parent and taxpayer, I’m insulted by having fake families represent me and others at our schools. Aren’t our children beautiful enough to use on your new website?
Broward Schools gets an “F” in ingenuity.
Who are these people? They don’t go to Broward Schools, so why are they on our new website?
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club
- News2020.11.25Man Posing as Roofing Contractor Arrested After Scamming Tamarac Resident
- News2020.11.23City of Tamarac Continues with Residential Assistance Program
- News2020.11.19Tamarac Crime Update and Arrests Through November 16