By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward Meals on Wheels is celebrating 30 years of providing more than a meal to seniors who are hungry and at-risk of hunger in the community. With the support of the community they are able to provide essential services that improve health, reduce isolation, and promote independent living for seniors in the community.
On May 15 at the Woodlands Country Club in Tamarac, Broward Meals on Wheels will celebrate the individuals who donate the gift of time to their mission at their 7th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon. Volunteers are the backbone of the organization with nearly 600 individuals donating more than 47,000 hours annually in the fight to end hunger.
The event will be held on Friday, May 15, 2015 from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m at the Woodlands Country club located at 4600 Woodlands Blvd Tamarac FL.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup