By Ryan Yousefi
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide Unit has announced its detectives recently arrested a man in connection with a deadly North Lauderdale shooting.
According to a press release, on September 17 at approximately 4:28 a.m. BSO deputies received an urgent call reporting a shooting in the 1100 block of Sussex Drive in North Lauderdale.
Upon arrival, deputies entered the residence and discovered an adult female victim who had sustained multiple gunshot wounds. According to records, the victim was pronounced deceased by responding medical personnel.
The identity of the victim is being withheld pending notification of her family.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide Unit detectives say they quickly arrested a man on the scene, identified as Robert Anthony Headley, 59, of Lauderhill, for the shooting and charged him with first-degree murder.
Headley remains behind bars at the Broward County Main Jail with no bond.
The motive behind the shooting remains under investigation, and detectives are urging anyone with information about the incident to come forward and assist in their efforts.
Tamarac Talk will provide further updates on the investigation as they become available.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsSeptember 24, 2023Dirty Dog’s Car Wash Opens with Grand Opening Celebration
- NewsSeptember 24, 2023Lauderhill’s Mayor Thurston Hosts Move with the Mayor and Fitness Challenge
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Tamarac Man Attempts to Drown Woman in Community Pool
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023BSO North Lauderdale and Home Depot Team Up for ‘Building Bonds’ Children’s Workshop