By: Sharon Aron Baron
Democratic candidate for Florida Chief Financial Officer, William Rankin, visited Broward County’s Democratic Executive Committee last week hoping to boost his lackluster campaign.
With less momentum than Nan Rich’s gubernatorial race, Rankin’s only hope is that Florida voters are so disenchanted with Rick Scott, they’ll vote for anyone with a “D” next to their name.
That would be his only chance to beat Republican Jeff Atwater.
Rankin wouldn’t answer questions on camera with me, with very good reason why: Several South Florida writers, including myself, have published unflattering articles on why he wouldn’t make a qualified CFO.
Just last week, Chaz Stevens of MAOS wrote that Rankin was fined $50 for failing to file his expense reports in a timely manner. Stevens also discovered Rankin paid for campaign expenses using a personal check – a campaign no-no.
And we want him to be our Chief Financial guy?
Rankin Fines courtesy of MAOS
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.07.15Try Vegan Food at the Next Event in Tamarac
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.09Tamarac Businesses Gets Preference With City’s New Vendor Selection Process
- News2019.07.04Kenneth Behring, Founder, and Developer of the City of Tamarac, Dies