By Sharon Aron Baron
Broward Health is adding to its award-winning, comprehensive cardiovascular care program with a 4,102-square-foot expansion of the cardiac catheterization lab at Broward Health Coral Springs.
A symbolic “wall-breaking” signifying the expansion will coincide with the 35th-anniversary celebration of Broward Health Coral Springs on Friday, April 29, at 11:30 a.m.
The new addition will be configured as a bi-plane cath lab —a specialized suite in which an ultrasound diagnostic test known as transesophageal echocardiography is performed.
The process uses two sets of independently moving imaging sources and cameras that enable two sets of images to be taken of the heart with just one injection of radiocontrast dye.
“The world-class, innovative new technology we’re investing in now gives our cardiac team powerful, lifesaving tools to deliver high-level interventional and vascular care to those who need it, with the crucial timeliness of having these treatments available closer to home,” said Jared Smith, CEO of Broward Health Coral Springs.
“With this expansion, we also will be adding staff and offering new opportunities for our medical team to develop their careers, particularly in the electrophysiology neuro service line,” Smith said.
In addition to the cath lab, the 250-bed hospital located in the heart of Coral Springs offers a full continuum of care featuring a women’s hospital, surgical institute, orthopedic care, and Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital with a specialized children’s Emergency Department.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes