By Sharon Aron Baron
Broward Health is adding to its award-winning, comprehensive cardiovascular care program with a 4,102-square-foot expansion of the cardiac catheterization lab at Broward Health Coral Springs.
A symbolic “wall-breaking” signifying the expansion will coincide with the 35th-anniversary celebration of Broward Health Coral Springs on Friday, April 29, at 11:30 a.m.
The new addition will be configured as a bi-plane cath lab —a specialized suite in which an ultrasound diagnostic test known as transesophageal echocardiography is performed.
The process uses two sets of independently moving imaging sources and cameras that enable two sets of images to be taken of the heart with just one injection of radiocontrast dye.
“The world-class, innovative new technology we’re investing in now gives our cardiac team powerful, lifesaving tools to deliver high-level interventional and vascular care to those who need it, with the crucial timeliness of having these treatments available closer to home,” said Jared Smith, CEO of Broward Health Coral Springs.
“With this expansion, we also will be adding staff and offering new opportunities for our medical team to develop their careers, particularly in the electrophysiology neuro service line,” Smith said.
In addition to the cath lab, the 250-bed hospital located in the heart of Coral Springs offers a full continuum of care featuring a women’s hospital, surgical institute, orthopedic care, and Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital with a specialized children’s Emergency Department.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 10, 2023Meet 2 Delightful Companions Awaiting Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity