By Sherry Nabbie-Singh
The City of Tamarac celebrates Caribbean Heritage Month with a fun-filled event at the Water’s Edge Park.
Since 2005, the significance of Caribbean history and culture in the United States of America is recognized and celebrated during June.
On Saturday, June 5, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. South Florida’s T Wave Band delivers the musical styles of the Caribbean.
A culmination of talents garnered from Antigua, Barbados, Brazil, Jamaica & Trinidad; residents are in for a musical treat when T-Wave Band hits the stage.
There will also be a steel drum performance with splash pad fun, delicious food from vendors, and games and activities.
The Water’s Edge Park is located at 7508 NW 61st Street.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A self-published author and professional makeup artist who has resided in Tamarac since 2011. Originally from Trinidad, Sherry graduated from the University of the West Indies with a bachelor of arts in literature in English.
- News2021.08.02Atten-hut! Enroll Now in the J.P. Taravella Marching Band Camp
- News2021.07.28Supervisor of Elections Site is Redesigned in Time for Congressional Special Elections
- News2021.07.22Get Ready to ‘Move with the Mayor’ on August 7
- News2021.07.20Tamarac Holds Drive-Thru School Supply Distribution Event