By Sherry Nabbie-Singh
The City of Tamarac celebrates Caribbean Heritage Month with a fun-filled event at the Water’s Edge Park.
Since 2005, the significance of Caribbean history and culture in the United States of America is recognized and celebrated during June.
On Saturday, June 5, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. South Florida’s T Wave Band delivers the musical styles of the Caribbean.
A culmination of talents garnered from Antigua, Barbados, Brazil, Jamaica & Trinidad; residents are in for a musical treat when T-Wave Band hits the stage.
There will also be a steel drum performance with splash pad fun, delicious food from vendors, and games and activities.
The Water’s Edge Park is located at 7508 NW 61st Street.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A self-published author and professional makeup artist who has resided in Tamarac since 2011. Originally from Trinidad, Sherry graduated from the University of the West Indies with a bachelor of arts in literature in English.
- News2021.06.14Tamarac’s Independence Day Celebration Has a New Date
- News2021.06.10Chaos and Contradictions at the Tamarac City Commission Meeting
- News2021.06.08Commissioner Gelin Tells Colleague to ‘Get Off My Page’ While Using Official City Account
- News2021.06.06Your Vote Could Win $100 in Gift Certificates During ‘Flavors of Tamarac’