By: Saraana Jamraj
For residents on the path to citizenship, the Tamarac Community Library is offering classes to help them successfully achieve this.
Provided by Hispanic Unity of Florida, a nonprofit which seeks to ease the cultural transition of newcomers, the Pathways to Citizenship classes offer a curriculum recommended by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. This prepares students for the citizenship test, naturalization interview, application, and financial coaching.
Over the last decade, the organization has assisted over 12,000 people to become citizens in South Florida. Outside of the library classes, they offer legal counsel and representation, and are accredited by the Department of Justice”
The classes are free and do not require preregistration. They take place on Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. and are led by a multilingual instructor. The library is located at 8701 W Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL 33351.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac
- News2021.02.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests