By: Saraana Jamraj
For residents on the path to citizenship, the Tamarac Community Library is offering classes to help them successfully achieve this.
Provided by Hispanic Unity of Florida, a nonprofit which seeks to ease the cultural transition of newcomers, the Pathways to Citizenship classes offer a curriculum recommended by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. This prepares students for the citizenship test, naturalization interview, application, and financial coaching.
Over the last decade, the organization has assisted over 12,000 people to become citizens in South Florida. Outside of the library classes, they offer legal counsel and representation, and are accredited by the Department of Justice”
The classes are free and do not require preregistration. They take place on Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. and are led by a multilingual instructor. The library is located at 8701 W Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL 33351.
- Saraana Selene Jamraj is a writer, activist, and a student pursuing her master's degree in mass communications at Florida International University.
She's currently the communications manager at The Salt Box in Parkland and has lived in Coral Springs since 2004.
- Crime & Safety2019.10.08Tamarac Man Arrested for Allegedly Groping Elderly Woman at Mall
- News2019.10.08No Censure of Tamarac Commissioner After Outpouring of Support
- News2019.10.03EXCLUSIVE: Tamarac Commissioner Releases Video Verifying Claims About “Rogue” Officer
- News2019.10.03Plastic Straw Ban Scrapped by Tamarac Commission