By: Saraana Jamraj
The Tamarac City Commission will be holding a Special Commission meeting as they figure out how to move forward during this public health crisis.
At the meeting, they will be discussing the status of current operations in Tamarac, as well as considering a possible motion to cancel the previously scheduled March 23 City Commission Workshop and March 25 City Commission Meeting.
This comes amid the COVID-19 Crisis in the country that has led to a State of Emergency in the city, county, state, and country, that involves all bars and nightclubs closing for 30 days, and many businesses temporarily shutting down as people attempt to stop the spread of the virus through social distancing and self-quarantining.
The meeting will be available to broadcast live on the city’s website, and Facebook, and will take place at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 19 at the City of Tamarac’s Commission Chambers.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac
- News2021.02.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests