By Agrippina Fadel
The holiday season is getting a lot merrier for local 5K enthusiasts who can score a great deal on two races.
When registering together, the runners can race in the Tamarac Turkey Trot and the Fort Lauderdale Jingle Bell Jog for $55. Separately, the early registration rates are $30 and $40.
Held on Thursday, November 23, at 7.30 a.m., the Thanksgiving 5K race starts at 77th St. on Pine Island Road, east on 75th, north on 80th, loops back to Pine Island Road, then south to the finish line at City Hall. The course is flat and fast, with many corners through the Woodmont area of Tamarac.
Registration for the Turkey Trot closes at noon on November 22 or once the race sells out.
The Jingle Bell Jog is the annual Christmas Eve race on Sunday, December 24, at 8 a.m. at 3000 East Las Olas Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale. Participants can register for the shorter “Elf Dash” for $20, starting at 9.15 a.m.
All runners receive a Santa Suit and a pair of Jingle Bells to tie to their running shoes. The race takes the runners on A1A along Fort Lauderdale Beach. All finishers receive a holiday-themed medal.
Registration for the Jungle Bell Jog closes at noon on December 23.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo