By Agrippina Fadel
There is nothing scarier than spending Halloween without a lovable pet, and Broward County Animal Care is helping residents find their furry soulmates at a free adoption event.
Held on Tuesday, October 31, from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., the Howl-o-ween party includes prize giveaways and special treats for kids who arrive in costumes. The shelter dogs and cats will also be dressed up in family-friendly costumes.
“We encourage families to come out and enjoy Halloween in a safe space with lots of loveable animals that are all available for adoption,” said Emily Wood, Director of Broward County Animal Care.
Attiyya Atkins, the spokesperson for the organization, said the shelter currently has 156 dogs and 67 cats. This is the first year the Broward County Animal Care is hosting the Halloween event, hoping to engage the community and help shelter pets find their forever homes.
Until October 31, Animal Care also provides free pet costumes when owners donate cat or dog food to the shelter. The costumes are courtesy of Chewy and will be available while supplies last.
All adoption fees at the Halloween event are waived, including spaying/neutering, vaccinations, a microchip, and a pet license. Adopters can visit Broward.org/Animal to preview all available pets.
Broward County Animal Care is located at 2400 SW 42nd Ave. in Fort Lauderdale.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo