Tamarac Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad has a new supporter in fellow Commissioner John Sims from Cooper City, who posts under FL Homestead Svcs on Facebook. Sims may be posting under his company’s name in an attempt to avoid the controversy that surrounded him after he posted this racist remark in November under his own name:
Just wanted to let you know…today I received my 2013 Social Security Stimulus Package. It contained two tomato seeds, cornbread mix, two discount coupons to KFC, an ‘Obama Hope & Change’ bumper sticker, a prayer rug, a machine to blow smoke up my ass and a ‘Blame it on Bush’ poster for the front yard. The directions were in Spanish. Yours should arrive soon.”
Sims, who is President of FL Homestead Services, questions the legal validity of the petition against Atkins-Grad, although it was written by an attorney with over 40 years of experience.
Sims, by the way, is not an attorney.
Sims, in his embarrassing attempt to sound like an attorney, makes himself look ridiculous. But it looks like Atkins-Grad has found a new friend.
Tamarac Talk was sent this email to the Recall Patte Atkins-Grad Committee’s email, which came from John Sims an hour and 10 minutes after this article was published. A committee member said they usually get people writing to sign the recall from out of the district but never from outside of the city, so this was highly unusual coming from someone from Cooper City.
Why all of a sudden is Commissioner Sims so interested in Tamarac politics? It’s interesting that one minute he is bashing the recall campaign, the petition, and saying that Atkins-Grad will prevail because of her “Chutzpah, ” but in his next letter, he distances himself from her.
Who is the real John Sims?
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family