By: Sharon Aron Baron
A student who wrote about carrying out the largest mass killing in the country in a ten page manifesto was baker-acted today and his accomplice held in custody.
According to police, two females reported to School Resource Officer Jeff Heinrich at Coral Springs High School that a male student they know saw Ryan Trollinger, 17, lift his shirt to display a gun to another person. The officer heard that Trollinger, who is not a student at the school, was on campus, and immediately detained him. Trollinger tried pulling away, and that is when the officer cuffed, searched, and recovered a loaded 9mm gun from his front waist band.
The school was placed on lockdown while officers searched for the other student that the girls gave them the description of who was an associate of Trollinger. This person, whose name cannot be released because he was baker acted, had a 10-page manifesto in his pocket at the time officers detained him depicting violence and shooting up the school in January 2017. He told the officers that Trollinger stated “Today is the day, it’s going down.”
Some excerpts from the manifesto:
“I am still writing there is more stuff I want to talk about there are like four guns I want to carry out the attack – 2 automatic pistol, 2 light machine gun, 2 sniper rifle, to shoot people in class (and) on the street driving…. I want to be the worst school shooter in America if I do the attack. I am still not 100% sure. I want to do this – but I want to be the worst school shooting in America worst than Columbine, Virginia Tech and Sandy Hook.”
“I need to choose the date of the school shooting though I’m going to do it senior year. I don’t know the date but it will happen I don’t know if I want to shoot up my school to be honest.”
Both Trollinger and the person are friends, however, the journal found on him today and the gun and threats made by Trollinger are separate incidents.
Trollinger is being held on charges of possession of a firearm on school property, possession of a firearm by a minor and trespassing.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.02.03Bite into Bliss and Empower Young Women: Get Your Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies Today
- News2023.02.023 Brave Deputies Risk Lives to Save Woman in Christmas Eve Canal Rescue
- News2023.02.01Choking Prevention Takes Center Stage: Rep Daley Files Bill Proposed by High School Students
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition