By: Sharon Aron Baron
Don’t miss the 13th Annual “Taste of Tamarac” & Business expo, the one event that’s not only a blast, it’s simply tasty!
Held on Saturday, October 22, 2016, this day of family fun will feature 25 restaurants showcasing their delicious foods. Tamarac Chamber Executive Director Peter Mason said that one role of the local chamber is to bring the community together, show civic responsibility and to promote business. He hopes this year’s Taste of Tamarac will make everyone aware of Feeding South Florida’s efforts in our region along with the Broward Sheriff’s Office in Tamarac as an engaging community-minded local police department.
“The local businesses should be applauded for their efforts in making Tamarac better every day,” said Mason. “We thank all the sponsors and vendors that get on board with us to gain valuable exposure and visibility that also highlights Tamarac in a positive way and giving back.”
Come out and have lunch on Saturday October 22 at the Tamarac Community Center and be part of your community doing good things. Watch Chef Demonstrations on stage, music from: DJ Ed Horowitz, stage Demonstrations by the J.P. Taravella culinary students, Applebee’s and Tin Fish.
New this year is the Piper High School Baking Beagles, Popeye’s, Benihana, DelVecchio’s Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant, Los Verdes, Big Mike’s Baking Company, Jeremiah’s Italian Ice, and La Antioquena Bakery & Restaurant.
Children are invited to wear Halloween costumes and participate in the Children’s Activity Room for dancing competitions and face painting.
Outside will be the Tamarac Broward Sheriff’s Office raising money for Feeding South Florida with DUNK-A-COP (Ticket Sales Proceeds will go to Feeding South Florida).
Other vendors include: Applebee’s, Sonic Beach, Benihana, Buster’s Doughboys & Clam Cakes, Saxsay Restaurant, Krispy Kreme, Colony West, La Antioquena, Arby’s, Tin Fish – Sunrise, Jeremiah’s Italian Ice, Walmart, Los Verdes, Big Mike’s Gluten Free Bakery, Snappers Jamaican Restaurant, HiSushi., Golden Krust, Milano’s Bakery, JP Taravella Culinary Students, University Hospital, Piper High School Baking Bengals, Tijuana Flats and the Raw Juice Company.
13th Annual Taste of Tamarac Map it
October 22, 2016
11.30 a.m to 3 p.m.
Tamarac Community Center
8601 W Commercial Blvd
Tamarac FL 33351
Cost: Adults $10.00 Children 6 to 12 years $5. Children under 6 free.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County