By Sharon Aron Baron
On Tuesday, Governor Ron DeSantis announced that CVS Health will begin offering COVID-19 vaccinations at 81 select CVS Pharmacy, CVS Pharmacy y más, and Navarro Discount Pharmacy locations in 13 counties across Florida, including Broward County
“I’m pleased to join CVS Health today to announce 81 additional COVID-19 vaccination sites across our state, including 67 in Miami-Dade County,” said Governor DeSantis. “These sites at select CVS Health locations will build on the progress we’ve made at existing retail sites and significantly increase access to the vaccine for our seniors.”
The Governor made this announcement at a Navarro Discount Pharmacy location in Hialeah where he was joined by CVS Health Regional Director Ahmed Velez.
Vaccine supply for the rollout in Florida, which is sourced directly from the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program, will be approximately 62,000 total weekly doses.
There will be two sites in Broward County which are unnamed at this time.
Appointments for vaccinations at the select CVS Health locations will become available for booking later this week as stores receive shipments of vaccines. Patients must register in advance at CVS.com or through the CVS Pharmacy app, and people without online access can contact CVS customer service: 800-746-7287. Walk-in vaccinations without an appointment will not be provided.
As more supply becomes available, CVS Health will expand vaccine access through an increasing number of store locations in additional Florida counties.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year
- News2021.09.01Reserve Your Space at the Next City-Wide Garage Sale