By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella softball began their season Monday afternoon and earned a thrilling 12-11 win over Deerfield Beach High School.
Destiny Tizol earned the win in the mound, and Mya Barrios went four for five with a triple and also had the game-winning run.
“It was a great team effort to come back and win in the bottom of the seventh,” said Head Coach Greg Mason. “We are a young team and getting better every day.”
The Trojans had not played softball in nearly a year as they had their 2020 season cut short due to COVID-19. JPT went 0-6, which meant Monday’s win was their first victory since April 11, 2019, when the Trojans defeated Plantation High School.
They will also face a very challenging softball schedule this season. JPT will not play again until Tuesday, March 2, but will play Pompano Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Monarch, Marjory Stoneman Douglas, and Nova High School this season.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.304 TS Aquatics Swimmers Make College Choice: Set to Host Summer Camp
- News2023.05.239 J.P. Taravella Track and Field Athletes Reach Podium at States
- News2023.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball and Track and Field Make Runs in Regionals
- News2023.05.16J.P. Taravella Soccer Star Zachary Zub Makes College Pick