By Selene Raj
As autumn approaches, Tamarac residents know that this time of year will likely look slightly different from previous years.
This year, the city is hosting a drive-in movie to provide a fun gathering for children and adults while still maintaining social distancing—and in October, there’s a spooky but family-friendly theme with Disney’s supernatural horror-comedy, “Haunted Mansion” starring Eddie Murphy, which is rated PG.
To promote social distancing, attendees will be required to stay in their car, and concessions will not be available. A bag of snacks (valued at $5) will be provided for each car at no extra cost.
Restrooms will be available throughout the event, and masks are required when attendees are outside their vehicles.
Parking spaces are limited, so registration is required and is to be shown at the gate. The cost is $5 per car.
The drive-in movie event will take place at Tamarac Sports Complex on Friday, October 2. Gates open at 6:30 p.m., and the movie will begin at 8:15 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.12.06Social Club for 55-Plus Caribbean-Americans Launches with First Event
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover