Karen Harrington, who may be the Republicans’ best chance of unseating Debbie Wasserman Shultz in November, may have lost a few fans with her recent endorsement from Phyllis Schlafly.
Reported by Javier Manjarres of the Shark Tank, Shlafly joins Congresswoman Michele Bachmann endorsing the Davie Resident.
In the mostly Democratic district, Shlafly’s endorsement could hurt Harrington who is running against four other Republicans and an independent in the August primary.
Shlafly is a conservative activist who is known for her opposition to the Equal Rights Amendment and modern feminism.
By getting married, the woman has consented to sex, and I don’t think you can call it rape. – Phyllis Schlafly in speech at Bate College in 2007.
Shlafly has all the things most women want in their lifetimes; to have a fulfilling career along with motherhood. Shlaflly is a lawyer, editor, regular speaker at rallies, political activist and a mother. The problem is she denounces the very things that women worked so hard to achieve through equal rights.
Schlafly who graduated from Washington University with an undergraduate degree and a law degree said, ” Big Media, U.S. colleges and universities are the biggest enemies of the values of red-state Americans.”
Now 87, Schlafly is still involved in conservative politics and has a busy lecture schedule. She is the president of the pro-life, anti–gay marriage Eagle Forum, which has 85,000 members.
ERA means abortion funding, means homosexual privileges, means whatever else. – Phyllis Schlafly
Harrington, whose family has owned and operated Rickey’s Restaurant and Lounge since 1974, hopefully will not have any customers offended by her acceptance of this endorsement by the anti-gay Shlafly.
Harrington may have had a chance to win the primary, but by affiliating herself with Shlafly as well as Michele Bachman, she has turned the clock back several years for the educated working women in Florida’s 20th District.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat