By: Sharon Aron Baron
Do your friends think you’re funny and you love to win money?
Are you amazing with rhyming and have a good sense of timing?
Then you need to enter to win our first-ever St. Patrick’s Day Limerick Competition sponsored by Wings Plus. The rules are simple: write the best and cleverest limerick and win a $50 gift certificate to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day – or any other day at Wings Plus Restaurant in Coral Springs where they’re serving up Corned Beef and Cabbage and their famous Shepherd’s Pie. If you’re over 21 you can enjoy some Guinness beer straight from Ireland as well as green beer. Maybe if you’re lucky, Manager Bridget DeVita will whip up a special Chocolate Baileys Irish Cream Mousse for you.
About limerick writing
- A limerick has five lines, with lines 1, 2 and 5 rhyming, and lines 3 and 4 rhyming
- Classic limericks used the same word at the end of the 1st and the 5th line.
- and modern limericks may use a different word with the last line being the punch Line.
Here are examples of limericks that have to do with local and national politics. Can you guess who these are about?
There once was a politician, a man
Who represented a small part of the land
The law said he must live in the Springs
But he refused to move all of his things
And continued to live in Parkland.
A commissioner who once on a dare
Would shave off all of his hair
But it would be too late to stop
When it was shaved too close to the top
By the barber Marty Kiar.
Entries must be funny, and have something to do with either current events, the city, political figures, the presidential election or something the public is familiar with. NOT OUR SPONSOR. All entries must be emailed by midnight March 11 to: TamaracTalk@gmail.com Tamarac Residents: No entries will be accepted on our Facebook page. Your first and last name must be submitted as well.
One winner will be chosen by our judges and their limerick and full name will appear on www.TamaracTalk.om. Honorable mentions will also be featured. A $50 gift certificate (good anytime) will be awarded by Wings Plus of Sample Road. All ages can enter. Must be 21 and up to drink alcohol.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire
- News2021.01.11Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution January 13