By: Sharon Aron Baron
In honor and remembrance of the victims of the senseless acts of violence in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio Governor Ron DeSantis is directing the flags of the United States and the State of Florida to be flown at half-staff at all local and state buildings, installations, and grounds throughout the State of Florida.
“As our nation mourns the tragic and senseless loss of life in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, we reaffirm that these acts of violence are not representative of who we are as a nation,” said Governor DeSantis. “Florida stands committed to doing all that is necessary to support law enforcement efforts for the safety and security of our residents and visitors. May we pray for those who grieve and remember always that we are a resilient nation.”
Twenty people were killed and 26 injured at a Walmart in El Paso and nine people were killed and 26 were injured in Dayton Ohio this weekend.
The flags will remain at half-staff until the expiration of President Donald J. Trump’s national directive at sunset on Thursday, August 8, 2019.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.10.16Tamarac Holds Huge Halloween Hoopla October 25
- News2019.10.16School Board Member Holds Meet and Greet October 24
- Crime & Safety2019.10.16Police Search for Suspects Who Drugged and Robbed a Man at Hard Rock Casino
- News2019.10.15Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce will host its 5th Annual Golf Tournament