By: Sharon Aron Baron
In honor and remembrance of the victims of the senseless acts of violence in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio Governor Ron DeSantis is directing the flags of the United States and the State of Florida to be flown at half-staff at all local and state buildings, installations, and grounds throughout the State of Florida.
“As our nation mourns the tragic and senseless loss of life in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, we reaffirm that these acts of violence are not representative of who we are as a nation,” said Governor DeSantis. “Florida stands committed to doing all that is necessary to support law enforcement efforts for the safety and security of our residents and visitors. May we pray for those who grieve and remember always that we are a resilient nation.”
Twenty people were killed and 26 injured at a Walmart in El Paso and nine people were killed and 26 were injured in Dayton Ohio this weekend.
The flags will remain at half-staff until the expiration of President Donald J. Trump’s national directive at sunset on Thursday, August 8, 2019.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town