By: Sharon Aron Baron
In honor and remembrance of the victims of the senseless acts of violence in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio Governor Ron DeSantis is directing the flags of the United States and the State of Florida to be flown at half-staff at all local and state buildings, installations, and grounds throughout the State of Florida.
“As our nation mourns the tragic and senseless loss of life in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, we reaffirm that these acts of violence are not representative of who we are as a nation,” said Governor DeSantis. “Florida stands committed to doing all that is necessary to support law enforcement efforts for the safety and security of our residents and visitors. May we pray for those who grieve and remember always that we are a resilient nation.”
Twenty people were killed and 26 injured at a Walmart in El Paso and nine people were killed and 26 were injured in Dayton Ohio this weekend.
The flags will remain at half-staff until the expiration of President Donald J. Trump’s national directive at sunset on Thursday, August 8, 2019.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.04.14North Lauderdale Man Faces Murder Charge For Road Rage Incident
- News2021.04.14Tamarac Commissioner Attempts to Violate First Amendment by Silencing Critics on Social Media
- News2021.04.12Armed Carjacking Leaves One Man Injured, Begging for his Life
- News2021.04.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Tamarac, Sunrise, and Coral Springs