By Jill Fox
As the closures of non-essential businesses have increased and Tamarac residents are being told to avoid group settings, Florida remains low on the list of states taking action.
Several other states are legally enforcing social distancing, by prohibiting gatherings, closing non-essential businesses, even ordering residents to shelter in place. However, some have more of a focus on help for small businesses and funding to combat the pandemic. New York has even started manufacturing hand sanitizer, making it no surprise that they land in the top 10 most aggressive states.
In just one week since Tamarac Talk reported which states were taking the most aggressive actions to curb the spread of the COVID-19, Florida remains at the bottom– ranking 36th overall.
To identify which states were taking the most substantial actions to combat coronavirus, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia in 35 different areas, ranging from state legislation on the pandemic to the share of the workforce in affected industries.
States with the Most Aggressive Measures in Limiting Virus Exposure
Florida remains at the bottom in multiple categories: local public health laboratories per capita, Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) funding per capita, public healthcare spending per capita, and overall economic impact.
Although there were minimal changes in the categories of prevention and containment and risk factors and infrastructure, Parkland residents may not approve of Florida’s drop in tested cases of COVID-19 per capita, from 24th to 28th in the country.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.09.09Hunt For Clues And Win Prizes With ‘Flavors of Tamarac’
- News2021.09.02City of Tamarac Commemorates September 11 With ‘Honk For A Hero’
- News2021.08.30Find out How to Join a Girl Scout Troop At Free Event Sept. 5
- News2021.08.30Boost Immunity from the Inside Out at NutriFlo Medspa and IV Lounge