By Selene Raj
While in-person activities and events are being canceled left and right to promote social distancing and follow CDC guidelines, opportunities to participate via livestream are popping up in their place.
While social distancing and self-isolation are necessary to slow the spread of COVID-19, considerable efforts by people and organizations around the world are being made to ensure that physical isolation doesn’t lead to despair and people are still able to connect with others, partake in their hobbies, and be entertained.
This was the idea behind continuing Zumba classes remotely—bringing a class that brings people joy, physical fitness, and activity directly to their living rooms.
The Zumba program fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a unique fitness program that provides as much fun as it does exercise.
The Tamarac Recreation Center’s Zumba instructor is providing online classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
In order to participate, dancers need to pregister in order to be approved by the instructor, then download the Zoom app on the phone or computer and enter the meeting ID for the class: 4027801889, and the password: zumbalove.
The instructor plans to authorize residents ten minutes before each class. While the class normally costs $7 for residents and $8 for non-residents, there is no charge for the Livestream. All that students need to do is make sure they have enough space to move and be ready to follow the instructor.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac
- News2021.02.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.02.09Tamarac to Receive 79 Additional Bus Shelters and Amenities