By: Sharon Aron Baron
While he and his wife were sleeping, a car thief stole former Tamarac Mayor Harry Dressler’s car from his driveway – later abandoning it in Lauderhill.
On February 13, at 7:25 a.m.,the Broward Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to Harry Dressler’s home at the 7000 block of Banyan Way in Woodmont Country Club in reference to a report of a stolen white 2017 Infinity QX60.
According to BSO, Harry is the registered owner of the vehicle, and his wife, Faith, is the driver. She said she last saw the car parked in the driveway at 7:00 p.m. the evening before, and when she went outside the next morning to retrieve the paper, she noticed the vehicle was missing.
Faith told the officer she had the key to the vehicle and a second key in the residence – but was able to recall the exact location.
Inside the car was a cellphone, two vintage suitcases with items valued at $1,000, prescription glasses, a black Nikon camera valued at $400, and two child car seats.
A week later, the officer sent an email to a Sunpass investigator to locate any video or photos of the vehicle passing a toll. They responded that there was not any activity since the date of the theft.
On February 28, the Lauderhill Police Department recovered the vehicle abandoned at a strip shopping center at 5554 West Oakland Park Boulevard. The vehicle was unoccupied and the tag was still attached. BSO contacted the officer in Lauderhill who stated there was no video surveillance cameras in the area. According to the affidavit, the vehicle was in good condition. It was then towed, photographed and processed for latent prints.
A water bottle was found inside the vehicle which did not belong to Dressler. It was then processed for DNA and subsequently placed into BSO evidence. There are no further leads in the case at this time.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Tamarac, Sunrise, and Coral Springs
- News2021.05.11Bolton Blames Mayor, City Manager, After His Spending Items Are Leaked to Press
- News2021.05.07Investigation Into Public Records Media Leak May Cost Tamarac Taxpayers up to $50,000
- News2021.05.06Broward County Votes to Change the Woodlands Golf Greens into Homes