By Selene Raj
After an especially financially straining year, families in Tamarac may find relief in being able to file their taxes for free.
The city has teamed up with Broward Tax Pro, formerly known as Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), to ensure that qualified families and individuals have the opportunity to save on preparation.
While the program was previously available in-person, it is now fully online.
Certified tax professionals will assist with filings in English, Spanish, or Creole and provide instruction on documentation needed to be uploaded. Once that’s completed, their staff takes over to prepare and review before returning them for signatures.
Tax assistance begins Friday, February 12, 2021. Visit their website.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac
- News2021.02.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests