By Sherry Nabbie-Singh
Tamarac Residents are in for a sweet treat at the Sundaes on Saturday event at the Sports Complex.
Guests can experience a day in the park with host Vice Mayor Elvin Villalobos, where festivities include a live deejay, activities and games, food vendors, a photo booth to capture all the fun memories, and last but not least, free sundaes between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. while supplies last.
One Blood’s big red bus will also be there, and residents are invited to register to donate blood in honor of all Veterans who gave their lives in the line of duty. Early sign-up is preferred, but walk-ins are welcome.
All blood donors will receive a wellness checkup including blood pressure, cholesterol screening, iron count, pulse, a Covid-19 antibody test, as well as a free t-shirt and a $25 Gift card.
The event is held on May 29 between the hours of 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tamarac Sports Complex is located at 9901 NW 77th Street.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A self-published author and professional makeup artist who has resided in Tamarac since 2011. Originally from Trinidad, Sherry graduated from the University of the West Indies with a bachelor of arts in literature in English.
- News2022.05.11Get Roped Into Attending Tamarac’s Bicycle Safety Rodeo
- News2021.08.02Atten-hut! Enroll Now in the J.P. Taravella Marching Band Camp
- News2021.07.28Supervisor of Elections Site is Redesigned in Time for Congressional Special Elections
- News2021.07.22Get Ready to ‘Move with the Mayor’ on August 7