By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella boys basketball picked up a huge win Monday night against Pompano Beach High School.
The Trojans beat 69-50 to move to 3-4 on the season. After dropping their first two games, JPT has now alternated wins and losses in their last four games after beating Coral Glades and Fort Lauderdale High School. They also scored a season-high of 69 points in their previous game.
Jordan Pratt, who came into the game averaging 14.4 points per game, led the way with 19 points. He also knocked down a trio of three-pointers. Graysen Allen also chipped in 15 points, 14 rebounds, four steals, and four blocks, while Jordan Pratt had 13 points and ten rebounds.
“It was a great team win, said Head Coach Eric Kapel.” We played really hard and really shared the ball.”
Next, JPT will play Nova High School on Tuesday, Dec. 13, at 7:30 p.m. The Titans are 4-4 this year with victories over Plantation, McArthur, Somerset Country Day, and Hollywood Hills High School.
This will be the first game between these two teams since 2019 when they met twice, and both teams picked up wins.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Trojans Triumph in Season Opener After Baseball Team Dominates South Broward High
- NewsJanuary 26, 2024J.P. Taravella Sports Recap: District Championship, Senior Night & More
- NewsJanuary 16, 2024J.P. Taravella Varsity Teams Navigate Challenges and Triumphs in 2024 Season
- NewsJanuary 4, 2024Brandon Meyers Wins Broward County Bowler of the Year: Conference Awards Announced