By: Jen Russon
The drama department at J.P. Taravella High School is selling spots at their campus garage sale and craft show that allows participants to keep 100 percent of their sales.
A rain or shine biannual event since 2012, the garage sale will be held on Saturday, August 28, on the west parking lot at the school.
Karen Moloney, a fundraiser organizer, described the garage sale as huge and said she hopes people remember its size from previous years when 50 to 100 vendors reserved tables.
“We are pre-selling spots for anyone who wants to sell their own items, and we are also accepting donations for the drama department to sell,” said Moloney, adding they would have a table at the event.
She added funds generated from selling the spots would go towards musicals and plays performed on the J.P. Taravella stage, including Xanadu in October.
Moloney said that many of the vendors sell handmade items, the garage sale also welcomes people looking to clean out their closets.
The garage sale is free and open to the public. Vendor spots are $20 with pre-registration and $25 on the day of sale. Each registration includes a space to park and set up a table.
Vendors are encouraged to pre-register via PayPal or in person at the high school on August 14 or August 21.
The garage sale is from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. For more information, email Michelle Collins.
J.P. Taravella is located at 10600 Riverside Drive.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Jen Russon is a freelance writer and English Language Arts teacher. She has published two novels to Amazon Kindle and lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2022.04.12Taravella Drama Club Presents JPT’s Got Talent on April 22
- News2022.02.11‘Huge Garage Sale’ Hosted by J.P. Taravella’s Drama Club Returns on February 26
- News2022.01.07Broward Interim Superintendent Cartwright Answers Pressing Questions at Meet and Chat Event
- News2021.12.07Tamarac to Give Tribute to Late Veterinarian at Dog Park