By: Matt Rothman
This season brings excellent soccer played by both the boys and girls varsity teams at J.P. Taravella High School. After wins for both teams this week, the two teams are now combined to go 18-14-2 this season.
The boys picked up two wins this week after recording a tie in their first game of the week on Monday. The Trojans then won 7-0 on Wednesday against Pompano Beach. Seven players scored goals, including Martin Chiabrera, Matthew Lucien, Kevin Nunes, Kenan Malme, Marco Ferreira, Leos Kennedy, and Felipe Orzco.
The Trojans are now 6-8-2 and face McArthur High School on Friday, January 14 at 6 p.m. After going winless last year, the Mustangs have already won six games this season.
After losing four straight, the JPT girls soccer team ended that streak this week. Dillard forfeited on Wednesday, leading JPT to defeat McArthur High School 6-2 the following day.
Layla Johnson recorded a hat-trick and has six shots on goal in the game. Kaydine Celeste recorded two goals while Melanie Bierman had one. Kayla Schloss and Isabella Heath combined to stop three shots as JPT moved to 12-8 this year.
Next, they will face South Plantation High School on Tuesday, January 18 a 4 p.m. This year, the Paladins are 9-4 and are coming off a 9-0 win over Coconut Creek on Wednesday.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.17J.P. Taravella Track and Field Wins 4 Events in Walter Dix Relays
- News2023.03.11J.P. Taravella Baseball Wins 5th Straight Game Friday Night
- News2023.02.25J.P. Taravella Softball Kicks-Off 2023 Season with a Win
- News2023.01.31J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Advances to District Championship Game