Full footage here.
By Kevin Deutsch
Police are searching for an arsonist who doused a police cruiser with gasoline and set it ablaze outside a Lauderhill synagogue Wednesday night.
A surveillance camera captured footage of the unidentified man torching the Lauderhill Police Department car shortly before midnight in front of the Synagogue of Inverrary-Chabad at 6700 Northwest 44th Street, police said.
The unoccupied police car had been parked outside the place of worship after a vandalism incident there last week, police said.
The arsonist is seen setting the fire, then running from the scene with the car fully engulfed in flames. The blaze was later extinguished, and the charred police cruiser towed away from the scene.
The arsonist’s motive was not immediately clear, and police were investigating whether anti-police sentiment, antisemitism, or both played a role.
Anyone with information is asked to call Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.01.23Man Strangled, Smashed Girlfriend Over Head With Acoustic Drum
- News2022.01.22Tamarac Crime Update: $17,700 in Cash Stolen From Safe, Replaced With Fake Money
- News2022.01.19Free N95 Masks Being Shipped to Locations Starting Next Week
- News2022.01.18White House To Offer Free COVID Tests Starting Wednesday