By: Sharon Aron Baron
One political action group enlisted a few powerful allies in the effort to defeat Donald Trump: grandparents, specifically Jewish grandparents, who lecture the younger generation on why electing Trump would be dangerous.
This funny video by the Bend the Arc Jewish Action wants to sound the alarm about Donald Trump’s hateful anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, anti-woman, and violent agenda and they have enlisted some of their most powerful allies in the effort to defeat Donald Trump.
“We have seen this before, we saw it in Germany and we don’t want to see it here,” says one grandmother. They go on to call him “narcissistic” “petulant” “definitely a tyrant.”
If you vote, one says, the future is yours. If you don’t..”I’ll haunt you when I die” One even threatens to spoil every episode of Game of Thrones.
The video has a clear message, and that’s never again. According to their website, We’ve Seen This Before, Trump has singled out Muslims and immigrants and blamed them for all of our nation’s troubles. He has threatened to register Muslim Americans, or stop them at the border. He plans to deport tens of thousands of immigrants who have been living peacefully in this country and contributed innumerably to our nation’s culture, economy and character. He has shown a casual and callous disregard for the truth and the freedom of the press. He has encouraged mob violence against those who do not support him politically. He has made veiled threats of official state violence.
They write that many of our parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents fled to the United States to escape violence and discrimination from around the world. And when they arrived here, many of our ancestors who had escaped oppression saw some of those same horrors being visited on people of color in this country, and they acted. They said not again, not here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town