By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Kingspoint Democratic Club Members may not realize that they have not only elected someone who is serving probation for Grand Theft on their board, but the person in question was convicted of stealing from the very party that he now represents.
On Wednesday, the Kingspoint Democratic Club elected Percy Johnson, 41, as Secretary of the club. Johnson was arrested in August 2012 on a single count of Grand Theft, a third degree felony for stealing over $2,000 in funds from the Council of Club President’s, a political organization comprising of more than 30 top officials of the Democratic Party clubs and caucuses in Broward County.
I contacted the former President of the Council of Club President’s, Bernard Parness at his home.
“Oh really? They let a someone who admitted in court to improperly taking funds to become Secretary of Kingspoint?” Said Parness. “Are they aware that Johnson confessed in court to stealing money? Even Mitch Ceasar knows this. Even Diane Glasser knows this and she continues to take him everywhere like he did nothing.”
Johnson, who is routinely seen with Tamarac City Commissioner Diane Glasser, employs Johnson as her aide and doesn’t seem to have a problem with parading him around Democratic functions, even taking him to the Democratic convention in Charlotte, North Carolina after his arrest.
I tried to reach the new President of the Kingspoint Democratic Club, Mike Stern, to get his opinion but he has not returned my calls.
Johnson pled nolo contendere to the charge of Grand Theft in the 3rd degree. He received a withhold of adjudication and 18 months State probation.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Crime & Safety2020.02.19Vehicle Strikes Pole, Leaving One Dead in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2020.02.18Burglar Uses Ploy Before Smashing His Way into Neighbor’s Home
- News2020.02.17Broward Sheriff’s Office Holding Open House for Interested Job Applicants Feb 22
- News2020.02.15Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 22