By Agrippina Fadel
Registration is now open for the City of Tamarac’s First Annual Poetry Slam, hosted by local published poet and spoken word artist Rebecca “Butterfly” Vaughns.
Held on Saturday, April 15, from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Tamarac Community Center, the competition is open to poets ages 15 and up. It will include light refreshments, an award ceremony for first, second, and third-place winners, and a special guest poet.
All participants must memorize their poems for a 3 to 5-minute read in a one-round contest. Participation and admission are free, but all poets must pre-register.
For more information, call 954-597-3620.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.06.08Tamarac Fire Rescue Employees Recognized During the EMS Week Awards
- News2023.06.06Capital Tacos Holds Grand Opening of Tamarac Location
- News2023.06.05Strike for a Cause by Joining the 6th Annual Chamber Bowling Tournament in Tamarac
- News2023.06.05Get Your Groove On During Free Jazzercise Class with the Mayor