By Agrippina Fadel
Registration is now open for the City of Tamarac’s First Annual Poetry Slam, hosted by local published poet and spoken word artist Rebecca “Butterfly” Vaughns.
Held on Saturday, April 15, from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Tamarac Community Center, the competition is open to poets ages 15 and up. It will include light refreshments, an award ceremony for first, second, and third-place winners, and a special guest poet.
All participants must memorize their poems for a 3 to 5-minute read in a one-round contest. Participation and admission are free, but all poets must pre-register.
For more information, call 954-597-3620.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo