By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man was arrested on Tuesday after attempting to molest a 13-year-old boy who accepted a ride with him on his way to school.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, on Tuesday morning, Andrew Demart Jewell, 28, followed a young boy for approximately six blocks as he walked to Millennium Middle School in Tamarac. The victim accepted a ride after Jewell approached him at a shopping center parking lot and offered to take him to school.
Jewell drove the boy to the Landings neighborhood, parked, and asked the victim to touch him in a sexual manner. The victim refused and Jewell eventually drove the victim to within a few blocks of the school where the victim sought help with the School Resource Officer.
Broward Sheriff’s Office charged Jewell on Tuesday evening for lewd and lascivious behavior on a child younger than 16 and false imprisonment. Detectives believe Jewell was targeting children as they walked to school near Commercial Boulevard, between Nob Hill Road and Pine Island Road, and believe he may have approached other children in the area and used a rental car in order to obscure his identity during the crime.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Broward Sheriff’s Office Det. Kami Floyd at 954-321-4240. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.10.16Tamarac Holds Huge Halloween Hoopla October 25
- News2019.10.16School Board Member Holds Meet and Greet October 24
- Crime & Safety2019.10.16Police Search for Suspects Who Drugged and Robbed a Man at Hard Rock Casino
- News2019.10.15Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce will host its 5th Annual Golf Tournament