By: Sharon Aron Baron
Woodmont Country Club has installed new signs warning criminals that volunteers with the Broward Sheriff’s Office Citizens Observer Patrol (COP) are keeping an eye on them.
The signs, installed throughout community say,“This Community Protected by the Citizen Observer Patrol.” According to the City of Tamarac, the signs were paid for by developer Mark Schmidt with funding from the approved Woodmont Development Agreement.
Resident Dick Brown who thanked Vice Mayor Debra Placko for bringing them to the community, said that he hopes they will be a deterrent from crime.
“As COP volunteers, we drive patrols and we think we really help to make our city safer.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.07.22Register Now for the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.07.10Tamarac Commission Remains Undecided on Millage Rate after 6 Hour Budget Meeting
- News2021.07.09Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Hosts Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.06.30Public Meetings Held for Atlantic Blvd Interchange Improvements at the Sawgrass Expressway