By: Sharon Aron Baron
Woodmont Country Club has installed new signs warning criminals that volunteers with the Broward Sheriff’s Office Citizens Observer Patrol (COP) are keeping an eye on them.
The signs, installed throughout community say,“This Community Protected by the Citizen Observer Patrol.” According to the City of Tamarac, the signs were paid for by developer Mark Schmidt with funding from the approved Woodmont Development Agreement.
Resident Dick Brown who thanked Vice Mayor Debra Placko for bringing them to the community, said that he hopes they will be a deterrent from crime.
“As COP volunteers, we drive patrols and we think we really help to make our city safer.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.08.21Tamarac’s Michael Cernech Makes Announcement Regarding Delray Beach City Manager Position
- News2019.08.20Delray Beach Picks Tamarac City Manager for Top Position
- News2019.08.20Petco Donates $250,000 to Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Programs
- Events2019.08.19Register Now for the Next City-Wide Garage Sale in Tamarac