By Ryan Yousefi
A man is facing charges of assault with a deadly weapon and grand theft robbery for allegedly wielding a firearm against his girlfriend and stealing from her on Christmas.
On December 25, deputies from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office responded to a domestic disturbance involving a firearm, where they encountered a highly distressed victim who alleged that her boyfriend, Christopher Corbett Clark, 54, of Tamarac, had pointed a firearm at her head.
According to records, Clark was immediately detained and displayed clear signs of belligerence and apparent intoxication. At the time of an initial search of Clark, no firearm was found. However, the victim provided video evidence that depicted him brandishing a black 9mm firearm and subsequently unloading the weapon in front of her.
Deputies eventually recovered the firearm, which was found to have one 9mm round in the chamber and a magazine loaded with 14 rounds. Investigating deputies quickly concluded that Clark threatened the victim’s life by pointing the firearm at her face, causing her to fear for her life.
Further investigation discovered that Clark allegedly entered the victim’s room and took cash and jewelry. The victim claims $6,700 in cash and approximately $16,200 worth of jewelry were stolen during the incident.
Clark was arrested and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024From Prison to Prayer: Dr. Yehudah Pryce’s Path to Spirituality and Judaism
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Chamber Invites Local Businesses to Kings Point Expo on February 26
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Broward Sheriff’s Office to Host Gun Safety Class Geared Toward Child Firearm Education
- NewsFebruary 17, 20245th Annual Jazz Under the Stars Returns to Lauderhill on February 17