By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella boys basketball team won the Lake Worth Christian Shootout for the second straight season after going 3-0.
The Trojans kicked off their season with a resounding 74-38 victory over Seacrest Country Day. James Ganley led the way with an impressive 32 points, while Andres Demoya chipped in with 15. The team continued their winning streak by defeating Lake Worth Christian High School 71-56, with Camden Fearon and Demoya scoring 21 and Jordan Arriaga adding 15 points. In their final game of the tournament, JPT secured a comfortable 68-42 win over Palm Beach Gardens, with Fearon and Demoya once again scoring 21 and Ganley contributing 14 points.
“We played our best basketball over the break,” Head Coach Eric Kapel said. “Offensively, we were really unselfish and played together, and defensively, we were really in sync.”
JPT is now 10-2 this year and will play Fort Lauderdale High School in their next game on Monday, December 8, at 7:25 p.m. The Flying Ls are 6-7 this year but won 57-52 in their only meeting with the Trojans a year ago.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Trojans Triumph in Season Opener After Baseball Team Dominates South Broward High
- NewsJanuary 26, 2024J.P. Taravella Sports Recap: District Championship, Senior Night & More
- NewsJanuary 16, 2024J.P. Taravella Varsity Teams Navigate Challenges and Triumphs in 2024 Season
- NewsJanuary 4, 2024Brandon Meyers Wins Broward County Bowler of the Year: Conference Awards Announced