By Hank McCoy
A man was arrested and charged with burglary to a vehicle after the owner identified him wearing his sunglasses.
On June 23, the Broward Sheriff’s Office was called to the Westwood 5 community in Tamarac after a witness said a man broke into his neighbor’s truck.
The owner of the vehicle was notified by the neighbor and went searching for the alleged suspect, finding him at the 9300 block of NW 81st Street, where he found a man with his sunglasses on his head.
The owner called 911, and the suspect took off running.
Patrick Quesnel-Caraghiaur, 32, of Fort Lauderdale, was apprehended by deputies at the corner of NW 96th Avenue and 81st Street. Quesnel-Caraghiaur claimed he had gone to 7-Eleven for cigarettes and was heading home.
According to the police report, Quesnel-Caraghiaur heard someone tell him to stop, so he started to run home; however, when he saw that it was a deputy, he stopped running and complied with their orders.
The witness was able to confirm Quesnel-Caraghiaur was the man who allegedly broke into their neighbor’s truck.
Quesnel-Caraghiaur was placed under arrest and brought back to Broward Sheriff’s Tamarac District Office for further questioning.
He was subsequently charged with burglary and transported to the Broward Sheriff’s Office main jail.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Hank McCoy is a writer and journalist covering music, politics, and culture on his blog Hank's Luncheonette, as well as currently working on publishing his first novel. Hank grew up in Parkland and graduated from FAU before moving to Chicago where he worked in the music industry as an artist and talent booker when he wasn't throwing people out of punk bars. Hank recently moved back to South Florida after living overseas in Berlin while he traveled to Europe and worked on a new fantasy series. Hank digs music, comic books, history, and politics.
- NewsAugust 2, 2020Man Arrested for Burglary After Being ID’d with Stolen Sunglasses
- NewsJuly 8, 2020Uber Eats Driver Arrested After Throwing Drink in the Face of Restaurant Manager
- NewsJune 23, 2020Tamarac Man Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Victims with a Sword
- NewsJune 22, 2020Tamarac Man Allegedly Chokes Girlfriend For Waking Him Up, Blames Dog for her Injuries