By Agrippina Fadel
Chess players of all ages and skill levels are invited to join the annual Mayors’ Chess Challenge in Tamarac.
Held on Saturday, November 4, from 10 a.m. to noon at the Tamarac Community Center, this free event is part of the South Florida program that draws attention to the benefits of chess for kids and adults in the community.
The 9th Annual Mayors’ Chess Challenge is hosted by Mayor Michelle Gomez and other elected officials and community leaders.
Tamarac Community Center is located at 8601 W. Commercial Blvd.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo