By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac along with The Hispanic Vote will present a Family Fun Day at Caporella Park where residents can cool off as well as meet candidates running for office.
The Hispanic Vote is a political action committee made up of 50-75 members headed up by local attorney Michael Garcia. The nonpartisan organization has endorsed three Tamarac candidates running for office: Michelle Gomez for mayor; Debra Placko for District 4; and Michael Gelin for District 2.
“Our whole goal is to educate Hispanics to vote and to get involved in the community,” said Garcia. “We don’t get involved the state or national debates.”
Although Gomez, Placko or Gelin are not Hispanic, Garcia stresses that this is not what the organization is about. They endorse those who they believe will best serve the Hispanic community.
For instance, Gomez has attended many of their events, and when she has appointments available, she has contacted The Hispanic Vote with openings, giving them an opportunity for someone to fill one of those slots.
The Hispanic Vote also endorse school board candidates and judges as well. Those that earn the endorsement are entitled to use their logo.
Residents that attend the family fun day in Tamarac won’t just get the opportunity to meet the endorsed candidates said Garcia, all candidates are welcome.
This free event will include free food, music and dominos and held on Saturday, September 29 from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Caporella Aquatic Center 9300 NW 58th Street.
Also, you can register to vote at the event or change your voter’s registration to your new address with a representative from the Broward Supervisor of Elections.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family