By: Sharon Aron Baron
Just a few days after a little boy paid for a Broward Sheriff’s Office motorman’s breakfast, a mother stopped by the Tamarac district office to deliver cookies as part of the “Cookies for Cops” challenge.
Christina Martin, of Lauderhill, found out about the Cookies for Cops movement through her church, Victory Life in Plantation. She said it was there that she learned about the idea and felt it was a good way to bring support to the police officers.
One of her friends brought cookies to the Sunrise Police, while she headed to the BSO District Offices in Tamarac with a a few plates of Ghirardelli double chocolate.
The Cookies for Cops Movement, has a Facebook page which says it was born because of all the hate society is spreading towards the police profession. This is a “counter-protest” to all that hate and the movement calls for people to share their support through random acts of kindness for their local men and women in blue.
“They deserve the support and it’s up to us to show we care,” said Martin.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes