By: Sharon Aron Baron
Just a few days after a little boy paid for a Broward Sheriff’s Office motorman’s breakfast, a mother stopped by the Tamarac district office to deliver cookies as part of the “Cookies for Cops” challenge.
Christina Martin, of Lauderhill, found out about the Cookies for Cops movement through her church, Victory Life in Plantation. She said it was there that she learned about the idea and felt it was a good way to bring support to the police officers.
One of her friends brought cookies to the Sunrise Police, while she headed to the BSO District Offices in Tamarac with a a few plates of Ghirardelli double chocolate.
The Cookies for Cops Movement, has a Facebook page which says it was born because of all the hate society is spreading towards the police profession. This is a “counter-protest” to all that hate and the movement calls for people to share their support through random acts of kindness for their local men and women in blue.
“They deserve the support and it’s up to us to show we care,” said Martin.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.05.07Investigation Into Public Records Media Leak May Cost Tamarac Taxpayers up to $50,000
- News2021.05.06Broward County Votes to Change the Woodlands Golf Greens into Homes
- News2021.05.052 Injured in Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2021.04.30Patient Thanks Doctors and Nurses for Saving Her Life 1 Year After Near-Fatal Heart Attack