By Bryan Boggiano
Retro Fitness seeks to crunch the competition.
The gym kicked off the grand opening of their new location in the Tamarac Town Square at 8129 N. Pine Island Road — close to Coral Springs.
According to Alan Turkin, general manager, the new 15,000 square-foot facilities will have a Zen den that includes red-light therapy, massage chairs, and tanning beds. Members can also enjoy a smoothie bar with a wide selection of pre-and post-workout drinks like protein shakes.
Members also have access to the Retro Fitness App with exclusive content, including Retro Fitness Kitchen featuring healthy cooking recipes, Nutritional tips from certified Nutritionists, mental health series, and much more.
For those that want a cardio session, each machine comes with a console with local television channels, cable, and Netflix. There is also a wide assortment of strength equipment and free weights, with personal training and group classes available. The group classes, offered at most times of the day, include Zumba and yoga.
Retro Fitness’s hours will be from 5 a.m. through 11 p.m. from Monday to Friday. On Saturdays and Sundays, it will be open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
More information on membership at Retro Fitness.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A University of Florida journalism graduate, Bryan plans to pursue geosciences at Florida International University for his master's. He has a strong interest in weather, entertainment, and journalism.
- NewsOctober 1, 2023Heated Competition and Controversy Brew in 2024 Tamarac Elections
- NewsSeptember 22, 2023Students Get a Chance to Shine in the 2023 Congressional App Challenge
- NewsAugust 1, 2023Florida Education Standards Under Fire: Bipartisan Leaders Join Rep. Cherfilus-McCormick in Condemning Revisionist History on Slavery
- NewsJuly 27, 2023Rep. Sheila Cherfilus-McCormick Champions Act Addressing Violence in Haiti