By: Sharon Aron Baron
Mayor Michelle Gomez will be holding her first state of the city address in Tamarac on Wednesday, February 13.
Prior to the scheduled city commission meeting at 7:00 p.m., Gomez will provide a recap of the city’s major accomplishments in 2018 and share her vision for the future of Tamarac.
Every year, mayors across the nation detail their vision for their city’s future in their state of the city speech. According to the League of Cities, while many state and federal partners are mired in political gridlock or actively disinvesting in cities, mayors are consistently demonstrating the capacity and willingness to solve complex problems not shaped by local realities – but which will have broad national implications.
The public is welcome to attend at City Hall 7527 NW 88th Ave. in Tamarac.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup