By: Sharon Aron Baron
Mayor Michelle Gomez will be holding her first state of the city address in Tamarac on Wednesday, February 13.
Prior to the scheduled city commission meeting at 7:00 p.m., Gomez will provide a recap of the city’s major accomplishments in 2018 and share her vision for the future of Tamarac.
Every year, mayors across the nation detail their vision for their city’s future in their state of the city speech. According to the League of Cities, while many state and federal partners are mired in political gridlock or actively disinvesting in cities, mayors are consistently demonstrating the capacity and willingness to solve complex problems not shaped by local realities – but which will have broad national implications.
The public is welcome to attend at City Hall 7527 NW 88th Ave. in Tamarac.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications