By: Sharon Aron Baron
Time to throw out old documents and prescription drugs because the Broward Sheriff’s Office will be holding a Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet event in North Lauderdale on Saturday, June 23.
The Shred-A-Thon provides residents with a safe way to dispose of their personal documents, check stubs, credit card offers, receipts, as well as and any other paperwork that contains sensitive information will be accepted. The service is free of charge and there is a limit of five boxes per person. Just drive up in your car and your items will be safely destroyed. Documents destroyed at all BSO’s Shred-A-Thon’s are shredded by SafeGuard Document Destruction.
Residents who turn in unused prescription medication are eligible to receive $5 provided by the Sheriff’s Foundation of Broward County. This is while supplies last and limited to one per family.
Hopefully, Sheriff Scott Israel will be making an appearance as well, so get there early as this is one of the most popular Shred-A-Thon’s in Broward County. Residents from Tamarac, Coral Springs, Lauderhill and and all of Broward County are welcome to participate.
June 23, 2018 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
North Lauderdale District Office
701 SW 71 Ave., North Lauderdale Map it
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony
- News2020.05.28BSO Investigates Multi-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2020.05.27COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 27
- News2020.05.26Burglary and Battery in the Forefront in May 15 Crime Update for Tamarac