By Agrippina Fadel
Senior dogs can be the best pets – they don’t chew shoes, won’t have an accident on the new carpet, and know their commands.
An eight-year-old American Staffordshire Terrier Tyrin is a perfect example of an older pup that can become an excellent companion for the right family.
Tyrin arrived at Broward County Animal Care in August and quickly became the staff’s favorite. This handsome senior fellow is low-key and very smart, follows basic commands, and even knows how to lie down and roll over.
Tyrin is 57 pounds; he is easy-going and friendly, walks well on a leash, and is a big fan of treats. The volunteers who took him out as part of the Lunch Buddies program say he loves car rides and does great in public, even at busy restaurants.
The Lunch Buddies program is open to all Broward residents over 18. High school students can participate with parents’ or guardians’ permission. The dogs can be taken out for a day, overnight, or a weekend. The paperwork is minimal, and the shelter provides the food, toys, and leash for the dog.
To take Tyrin (A1785645) or other dogs out for lunch or inquire about the fostering opportunities, email the shelter at firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule a meet-and-greet appointment and learn more about the adoptable pets, email ACADadoptions@broward.org.
The Adoption Center at Broward County Animal Care is located at 2400 SW 42 Street, Fort Lauderdale, and is open Tuesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Adoptions are at no cost and include spaying/neutering, vaccinations, a microchip, and a Broward County pet license tag.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Tamarac Offers Free Certification Course for HOA Board Members
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Ticket Alert: Flashback Four Rocks Kings Point Palace Sept. 23
- NewsSeptember 18, 2023Tamarac Holds Vintage Family Fun Day at Mainlands Park Sept. 23
- NewsSeptember 16, 2023High Schoolers Can Earn Service Hours for Fostering Dogs