It seems as though I’m writing a lot about crimes that happen in North Lauderdale. Since they are our neighbor, I’ll post this in hopes someone can help BSO. But keep in mind that Tamarac is totally different that North Lauderdale. Well, I’d like to think we have nothing in common except for one of our borders.
A car salesman experienced some very terrifying moments when he was robbed and shot at as he closed up shop. Broward Sheriff’s Office robbery detectives hope surveillance video will help them identify the offenders.
Shortly after 8 p.m. Saturday, August 18 Wynn Errico, 52, of Pompano Beach, was securing the automotive repair shop where he works selling vehicles when he was approached by a man who pointed a gun at his face and demanded his money. When Errico told the gunman he didn’t have any money two other unidentified males approached and demanded Errico’s cell phone. Errico threw his cell phone toward the suspects and ran for help. The robber fired at Errico as he ran away from the repair shop located in the 5300 block of North State Road 7 in North Lauderdale. Fortunately, Errico was not injured.
The suspects fled the scene in a silver, four-door Chevrolet Impala.
Detectives are releasing surveillance video from a neighboring business that captured the suspects and their vehicle.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call BSO Robbery Det. Cody Gill at (954) 321-4270 or contact Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.06.02FBI Seeking Information on Individuals Inciting Violence During Protected Peaceful Demonstrations
- News2020.06.01Rollover Crash in Tamarac Leaves Two Dead
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 28
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony