By Agrippina Fadel
Rock N’ Ride Battle in Tamarac will have great bands and slick rides. The event promises to be a night to remember by combining a live battle of local bands and a competitive car show.
Held on Saturday, August 20, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Tamarac Sports Complex, the Rock N’ Ride Battle includes a performance by the Happy Daze Band.
The car show is open to all makes and models. All participating vehicles must register with Cobra Joe Productions. The registration fee is $25, and the judges will choose the Top 40 cars and award one Best of Show Trophy.
Applications for the Battle of the Bands must be submitted to the city by 5 p.m. on August 7. All bands must pay a $25 non-refundable entry fee and include a short bio, photos and videos of the band playing live, and two song demos.
The judges will determine which bands will compete in the finals. The song lyrics and the behavior on stage must be family-friendly. Any band can participate, but all must have at least three members, with at least two playing live instruments. Musicians under 18 years of age need a parental consent form.
The Rock N’ Ride event includes bounce houses and plenty of local food trucks on site. Tamarac Sports Complex is located at 9901 NW 77th St.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Catch Comedian Bobby Collins with Special Guest Shelley Keelor at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Broward County Animal Care Holds ‘Stinky Ex’ Fundraiser for Valentine’s Day
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Ticket Alert: Rock On to Meat Loaf Tribute at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Peter Lemongello Jr. Performs at Kings Point Palace Sunday Matinee